Cauliflower "rice" is a great low-carb, paleo-friendly substitution for rice in your favorite recipes. It is a great recipe for many nutrition plans and diets (like Whole30). There are 3 ways you can make it - here's how:
BAKE ITThis is our favorite way. It takes the most time, however, most of it is spent baking in the oven. This gives it a nice crunch.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut 1 head of cauliflower into florets.
- Add half of the cauliflower florets to WildSide+ or FourSide jar and cover with water.
- Secure lid and press "Pulse" 4-5 times until cauliflower is chopped into small pieces that resemble rice.
- Strain cauliflower rice and repeat with remaining cauliflower florets.
- If using olive oil, salt & pepper, coat evenly over cauliflower rice.
- Spread a single layer on a rimmed cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes until rice is soft.
FRY ITIf you want to make cheesy rice, fried rice or add sautéed veggies or garlic, this method is the way to go.
- Chop florets into rice and strain, just as you do in steps 3-5 above.
- Add oil of choice (olive, sesame, etc.) and cauliflower rice to pan and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Toss with favorite spices and serve.
STEAM ITThis is the fastest way to prepare cauliflower rice but it does leave it a bit softer than baking or frying it.
- Steam cauliflower florets (you can even nuke it in the microwave).
- Add to jar and "Pulse" until it is chopped into small "rice-like" pieces.
- Add favorite spices and serve.