Whole Wheat Dinner RollsThe secret to whole wheat bread is keeping the dough soft, just stiff enough to handle. The WildSide jar forms a nice soft dough ball ready to rise and bake.
active dry yeast
fresh lemon juice
vital wheat gluten
whole white wheat flour, divided
- Add water, yeast, and honey to WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Pulse 2 times. Allow the yeast to proof 5-10 minutes.
- Add salt, lemon juice, oil, and wheat gluten to jar and secure lid. Pulse 2 times.
- Add ⅓ of flour to jar anc secure lid. Pulse once.
- Add another ⅓ of flour and secure lid. Pulse 3-5 times.
- Add last ⅓ of flour and secure lid. Pulse 8-10 times until all floud is incorporated and dough ball forms.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Allow dough to rest in jar for 10-15 minutes.
- Dump dough ball onto oiled surface and shape into dinner rolls. Place rolls into greased muffin pan and allow dough to rise for 20 minutes in a warm place or until dough has topped the pan by approximately one inch.
- Bake for approximately 12-20 minutes until done. Allow to cool before eating.
If you have wheat berries on hand and want to make your own flour, blend 2 cups wheat berries on a high speed for full cycle. Set aside the freshly ground flour until proofing of yeast.
- Servings 16.0
- Sodium 125 mg
- Serving Size 1 roll
- Carbohydrates 17 g
- Calories 90
- Fiber 3 g
- Fat 1.5 g
- Sugar 2 g
- Saturated Fat 0 g
- Protein 4 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg