Dutch BabiesA dutch baby is a crossover between a pancake and a popover and is sometimes called a German pancake. They are most often served for breakfast topped with fruit, syrup or jam but can also be made savory and served with cheese.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Add eggs, milk, salt, vanilla and flour to FourSide or WildSide+ jar and secure lid.
- Blend on "Batters" cycle or blend on a Medium to Medium-Low speed for 25-30 seconds.
- In 10-inch cast-iron skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Once butter is melted, pour in batter.
- Carefully transfer skillet to preheated oven and bake until bubbly and golden brown (about 15-20 minutes).
- Remove from oven and evenly sprinkle lemon juice and powdered sugar over dutch babies. Cut and serve.
*Also delicious served with fruit, jam, syrup or preserves. We love it with our Raspberry Maple Syrup.
- Servings 6.0
- Sodium 170 mg
- Serving Size 1 piece
- Carbohydrates 11 g
- Calories 120
- Fiber 0 g
- Fat 7 g
- Sugar 2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Protein 5 g
- Cholesterol 105 mg
For a savory version, add fresh herbs to batter and serve with cheese once baked.
Signup for our email list and receive recipes, tips & an occasional marketing message.