Blendtec warrants its blenders and accessories against defects in materials and workmanship, under normal use, maintenance and service. The warranty covers parts and labor required to repair or replace components that, in the sole opinion of Blendtec, are defective. The following are not included in the blender warranty coverage:
- Normal maintenance, adjustments and cleaning as outlined in the manual.
- Repairs due to unauthorized service or modifications to the blender, product tampering, or use of non-standard parts or accessories without prior written approval from Blendtec.
- Damage caused by: improper installation or ventilation of the blender; electrical supply (e.g., electrical power failure, improper electrical connections, the use of extension cords, low voltage, or voltage drops to the unit); water supply; drainage; exposure to water; or floods, storms, or other acts of God.
- Cost of premium labor rates due to holidays, overtime, shipping, etc.
- Parts or assemblies subjected to misuse, abuse, neglect or accidents , or lack of specified maintenance or operational procedures. Damage or problems caused by relocation of unit, cleaning and/or maintenance procedures inconsistent with the technical instructions provided in the manual.
- Claims for personal injuries, incidental or consequential damages, or economic loss (profit or revenue), however caused.
WATER DAMAGE AND ABUSE
It is very important to prevent liquids from entering the blender motor base. The motor base has been designed to deflect most liquids from entering; however, in some instances of heavy spillage or lack of appropriate cleaning procedures, it is possible for liquids to enter the motor housing. It is important to promptly clean up all spills on the motor, around the counter and under the sound enclosure base (where used). Failure to do so may result in liquids being pulled into the motor which will lead to premature failure. This method of failure, regardless of how it occurs, is considered abuse and is not covered under warranty.
THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. In no event shall Blendtec be liable for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages. Upon the expiration of the warranty period, Blendtec’s liability under this warranty shall terminate. The foregoing warranty shall constitute the sole liability of Blendtec and the exclusive remedy of the customer or user.
Warranty is provided only in the country of origin in which the equipment was purchased. Use of the equipment outside the country of purchase voids all warranties, expressed or implied. If the customer chooses to utilize a local service center outside of the country of original sale, they can reasonably expect to pay for parts, labor, shipping, duties, taxes, etc. need to make the repair and return the equipment.
Service Plus™ Program
Provided at no additional cost, the Service Plus program is a lifetime replacement plan that allows customers to purchase a replacement motor base at steeply-discounted rates in the event of an out-of-warranty motor failure. This drastically lowers the lifetime ownership costs of Blendtec blenders, and virtually eliminates downtime for foodservice customers.
The Service Plus program is available for the Stealth™, Q-Series®, SpaceSaver® and CHEF® blenders. For in-warranty machines, Blendtec will provide a factory-reconditioned motor base sent directly to your location at no cost (for expedited delivery, you just pay the difference in cost between ground and expedited service).
During the warranty period Blendtec will replace a non-working defective motor with a factory-reconditioned motor, shipped directly to a customer location, freight prepaid. The replacement motor base retains the remaining warranty of the original motor base. A return label is included with the shipment so the non-working motor base can be returned prepaid. NOTE: The customer must return the defective motor base to Blendtec within 30 days to avoid a charge for the motor base ($400 for Q Series, SpaceSaver and Chef; $500 for Stealth). Customers can opt for traditional repair service at no charge by returning the non-working defective motor base and having the same motor serviced (if feasible) and returned.
For out-of-warranty motors, a factory-reconditioned motor base of the same type with a one year/7,500 cycle warranty can be purchased at a substantial discount of $350 (Q-Series, SpaceSaver and Chef motor bases) or $485 (Stealth motor base). A return label is included with the shipment so the non-working motor base can be returned prepaid. NOTE: The customer must return the defective motor base to Blendtec within 30 days to avoid a charge for the motor base ($400 for Q Series, SpaceSaver and Chef; $500 for Stealth). Service Plus is available only on machines sold and used within the US.
For more program details please speak to your local Blendtec Authorized Dealer or call Blendtec Customer Service at 800.253.6383.