Get the full recipe on the Blendtec Recipes page.
This green sauce provides an incredible taste to any Mexican dish.
Not sure how to use it? Here are some ideas:
- Drizzle on tacos, sopes or tostadas
- Use as a filling in enchiladas
- Add to tortilla soup (substitute the salsa)
- Serve with tamales or chimichangas
- Use in a Mexican casserole
- Add to flautas (or taquitos)
- Have over roasted chicken breast or a roasted fillet of fish (serve it over rice)
How would you use salsa verde? Share with us in the comments below!
1 ½ lbs tomatillos, husked and rinsed
2 serrano peppers, stemmed
2 cloves garlic
2 chunks onion, approximately ¼ cup
1 bunch cilantro, approximately 1 cup cilantro leaves
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp grapeseed or safflower oil
Place tomatillos, peppers and garlic in saucepan; cover with water. Bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove tomatillos, peppers and garlic and allow them to cool.
Add tomatillos, peppers, garlic, ⅓ cup cooking liquid, onion, salt and cilantro to WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Select “Sauces.” Heat the oil in saucepan over medium heat and add salsa to pan. Bring salsa to boil, stir and simmer for 5-7 minutes until it thickens. Cool and serve, or store in refrigerator.