Want the secret to the smoothest turkey gravy around? Add your turkey broth, thickener and water to your Blendtec blender before heating it up on the stove. This tip will top off any Thanksgiving dinner perfectly! Thanks to Laura at HeavenlyHomemakers.com for sharing her gravy recipe with us. Save or print the recipe card below and add it to your collection.
Oh Good Gravy!
- 2 cups turkey broth
- 2 tbsp cornstarch, arrowroot powder, or wheat flour
- 1/3 cup cold water
- sea salt, to taste
- Add water, cornstarch and turkey broth to a Twister, FourSide, Mini WildSide or WildSide+ jar and secure lid.
- Pulse 4-6 times until combined.
- Pour gravy mixture into a saucepan and stir over medium heat until thickened.
- Salt to taste.
Meet the Blogger
We caught up with Laura from Heavenly Homemakers who was happy to share her delicious turkey gravy recipe and learned more about her holiday traditions and love of food.
Laura Coppinger (author) and her husband have four sons ages 11-19. HeavenlyHomemakers.com is dedicated to inspiring women daily with healthy (and easy!) recipes, homemaking tips, spiritual encouragement, and good ol’ clean fun. HeavenlyHomemakers.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
- What is your favorite Thanksgiving tradition? Inviting people who have no family around to enjoy our feast with us. It’s always the most beautiful, eclectic group of people.
- What is your favorite type of cuisine (Mexican, Chinese, Italian, Homemade creation, etc)? Homemade creations are my favorite by far!
- What is your favorite dish on the Thanksgiving table? It’s a toss up between turkey and green bean casserole.
- What sparked your love of food? I believe my love of food came from standing in my grandma’s kitchen, watching her cook for hours. She was so gifted at cooking and baking.
- What are your 3 go-to ingredients for a recipe? I’m well known for my love of butter! Boneless chicken thighs are amazing. And cream makes everything better.