Do you love the refreshing, ice cold pick-me-up that you get from a frappé? Want to enjoy one without the hefty price tag and trip to the coffee shop? We’ve got the solution for you! Easily make your own frappé at home and save time, money and even calories. Here’s how:
- Pour 2 cups of chilled, strong brewed coffee into an ice cube tray and freeze for 2–3 hours or until solid.
- Once coffee is frozen, add the following to a WildSide+ or FourSide jar:
- 2 ¼ cups milk (use almond or coconut milk to cut calories)
- ¼ cup agave nectar, honey, sugar or your choice of sweetener (if using stevia, use about 3-4 tsp)
- ¼ cup chocolate syrup
- coffee ice cubes
- Secure lid and blend on “Ice Crush” cycle or on a Medium speed for 30 seconds.
Pour into glass, top with whipped cream and any other garnish you’d like (caramel or chocolate syrup, for example).
NOTE: This makes (4) 12 oz servings, decrease ingredients if you’d like less.
TIP: Make extra coffee cubes and keep them on hand stored in the freezer in a zip-top bag.
Use caramel syrup instead of chocolate syrup
Use Nutella instead of chocolate syrup
Use Pumpkin Puree instead of chocolate syrup + 1 tsp pumpkin spice
Add ½-1 tsp peppermint extract (to taste)
Add ½ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips