1¾ cup rolled oats
¼ cup whole wheat flour
¼ cup honey, heated
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp maple extract
1 tbsp water or canola oil
¼ cup chopped nuts, optional
1 tsp ground flaxseed
1 tsp lemon zest, grated, optional
¼ c shredded coconut, optional
1 tsp ground sunflower seeds, optional
2 tbsp apple juice concentrate
1 c raisins or chopped dates, optional
Get the full recipe on the Blendtec Recipes page.
10 Ways to Use Granola
- Pour milk over a bowl of granola for a delicious, healthy cereal.
- Make a parfait by adding granola and fresh fruit to yogurt.
- Spread peanut butter or Nutella on a fruit (such as apples or bananas) and sprinkle granola over the top.
- Separate granola into baggies for a great on-the-go snack (you can also add nuts, M&Ms, raisins, dried apples, etc.).
- Add it to smoothies.
- Bake it in bread, muffins or cookies.
- Use it as a topping on frozen yogurt or ice cream.
- Add it to pancakes. After pouring batter onto griddle or pan, sprinkle granola over it.
- Sprinkle over oatmeal to add a nice, tasty crunch.
- Make granola bars by heating honey, sugar and butter in a pan and pouring it over your homemade granola. Bake them for 30 minutes and cut into squares.
How do you enjoy your granola? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook.