Hummus is without a doubt a “must have” in our kitchen!
There is so much you can do with hummus. Here are a few examples:
- Enjoy as a dip with veggies and/or flaxseed crackers
- Spread a layer of hummus on a wrap and add tons of veggies and salsa for a delicious snack or lunch!
- Add to any vegetable stir-fry and create a nice creamy sauce
- Use in potato salad instead of mayonnaise for a dairy-free creamy potato salad
- Add a dollup on top of a falafel burger
- And the list goes on!
And the best part? Making Hummus is SUPER EASY using a Blendtec Twister Jar.
Easy Homemade Hummus
(oil-free & salt-free)
1 can (14 oz) Chickpeas, rinsed (I love EDEN brand because it has no added salt, using seaweed instead. The lining of the can is also BPA-free)
¾ cup tahini
1 lemon rind, then juice from rind
1-6 cloves garlic
½ – 1 cup water
Add chickpeas, tahini, lemon rind, lemon juice, garlic and 1/2 cup water to Blendtec Twister Jar. Replace lid and blend on “Dips,” turning Twister lid counter-clockwise as you blend. Add a little more water until you reach the desired consistency.
Serve immediately or store in refrigerator. It will keep in the fridge for about a week, although it never lasts that long in our kitchen!