By Kiran Shahbaz of Happy Gut
I have recently started to cut down on all grains, and dare I say that my body is loving it! I feel so much lighter and am able to digest much more easily!
A friend had mentioned using cauliflower as a pizza crust and I was intrigued. I’m not the biggest fan of cauliflower in general, but the pizza came out so delicious. The hint of cauliflower was such a nice complement to the pizza toppings. Plus, I didn’t feel the heaviness I usually feel after eating a “regular” pizza.
Try it for yourself and see!
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
½ head of cauliflower
½ c mozzarella cheese, grated
your choice of herbs (salt, pepper, oregano, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 400 and grease pizza pan with oil.
- Place cauliflower florets into Blendtec and pulse until cauliflower has a rice-like texture.
- Place the cauliflower into a pan/pot and sauté on medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes to eliminate as much moisture as possible.
- In a bowl, combine cauliflower with cheese, egg, and herbs. Spread the mixture onto the pizza sheet evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown
- Remove from oven and place your toppings on it. (I did cherry tomatoes, spinach, garlic, mushrooms and feta)
- Broil for another 5 minutes (careful – the toppings will burn quickly!)