By Kim Lee of Kim’s Cravings
You know what they say, an apple-a-day! Well, this Apple Pie Protein Smoothie might just be my favorite way to follow the doctor’s orders.
According to MedicalNewsToday.com, apples are extremely rich in important antioxidants, flavonoids and dietary fiber. Research shows that fresh apples may help to reduce the risk of developing cancer, hypertension, diabetes and heart disease. Not only do apples have a variety of health benefits, but they also taste wonderful.
This blend of juicy apple chunks, wholesome oats, creamy Greek yogurt, vanilla protein powder and caramely dates will satisfy your cravings for the all-American dessert while fueling your body with plenty of nutrition. A healthy apple pie in a glass! Yes, please!
The taste of apple pie in smoothie form, but without all of the guilt. Now that’s something I think we can all get down with. I love inventing new smoothies to shake things up for breakfast or snacktime and this one sure hits the spot!
Feel free to get creative and make this Apple Pie Protein Smoothie your own. A few ideas to change it up: add a frozen banana, a tablespoon of peanut butter or use less liquid and make this smoothie into a smoothie bowl topped with granola. The possibilities are endless! Enjoy!
Apple Pie Protein Smoothie
Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins
Makes: 20-25 ounces, depending on amount of ice used
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 large apple (I used honeycrisp), cored
½ cup fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt
¼ cup rolled oats
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1-2 cups ice, depending on how slushie you like your smoothies
optional: 1-2 pitted dates or 1-2 teaspoons honey, to sweeten if needed
- Add all ingredients to your Blendtec Wildside+ jar and secure lid.
- Select Smoothie, or blend on a Medium speed for 40-50 seconds, until ingredients are combined and smooth.
- Taste and add sweetener if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- For a vegan option, leave out the Greek yogurt and use a vegan protein powder.
- Feel free to leave out the protein powder, if desired
- Nutritional ingredients calculated with Perfect Fit protein powder, Chobani Simply 100 Greek yogurt and 1 medjool date, as well as the other ingredients listed.
Serving size: 1 smoothie
Fat: 5.8 g
Saturated fat: 0 g
Carbohydrates: 55 g
Sugar: 26.3 g
Sodium: 359.5 mg
Fiber: 15.7 g
Protein: 25.3 g
Cholesterol: 2.5 mg
About the Author