Our blenders help hundreds of thousands of people maintain a healthier diet. As proud as we are of this, in most cases diet is only half of the healthy equation. Maintaining a regular exercise routine is as important as a healthy diet. Here are 3 free exercise apps that will help complete the exercise portion of your health equation.
Description: This app is great for anyone interested in running, cycling, walking or any other distance/endurance sport. The app will track your route via GPS, show your split times and let you set and track goals.
- Works very well for running, walking and cycling
- Tracks your route via GPS and shows it on Google Maps
- Allows you to set goals and track your weight
- Keeps a detailed log of all exercise
- Does not provide exercise routines
- Only works for endurance training, not strength training
Description: MapMyFitness is basically its own social network, where members share and motivate each other. This app also has GPS tracking and allows you to integrate with ANT+ products so you can monitor your heart rate. All of your data is synced to your online profile at www.mapmyfitness.com.
- Compete with friends and family online
- Use GPS tracking with the Google Maps overlay
- Manually add other types of exercise, like weight lifting
- Easily share workout data via Twitter
- Log food and count calories
- Training plans only available online
- Manual workout entry has clunky interface
Description: Designed for the gym goer and weight lifter, this app boasts hundreds of workouts, tutorials and guides. You can also log your progress in the built-in workout journal.
- 300+ unique exercises
- Many HD videos
- Specific workout routines
- Workout journal and progress tracking
- Mainly for strength- and muscle-building, not cardio
- No GPS integration for running and cycling
This is my take on a few of the great exercise apps out there. What exercise apps do you like?